VideoWhisper.com upgraded the Live Streaming application bringing several improvements and optimizations requested by users.
Some of the improvements:
- advanced webcam settings (change realtime resolution, framerate, audio rate)
- fullscreen button for video watching interface
- fullscreen on click for embedded plain video stream interface
- generate updated jpg snapshots for each live stream
- timers (displayed on each interface depending on settings) can be used to control access, integrate in pay per view systems
- multiple new options and parameters passed from script side
Also some RTMP application improvements should be mentioned like external player support and live video archiving as FLV for the Red5 application.
Upgrades are available for download on VideoWhisper.com and do not involve any costs for free or paid licenses.
First edition available with the upgrade is the PHP edition. The rest should follow shortly.
The VideoWhisper Live Streaming software can now be easily used to add video broadcasting to WordPress sites and live video streams on blog pages.
To test a live demo of software on WordPress, just register a free account on this site and use the widget link from the right menu to start broadcasting.
If the user is not logged into WordPress a warning message is shown and the visitor can click that to get back to the main WordPress website for registration/login. We also included a plugin that provides a linking widget. You can use that or directly add a link to “http://www.your-site.com/videowhisper_streaming/” .
The widget also displays online broadcasters and their show names.
The watch screen logs in wordpress logged in users by adding a @ at end of username (so broadcaster can see & test his own video as a different user). Blog visitors will be able to participate in chat by providing a temporary username right in the chat application.
A free version of this component can be downloaded for free from the WordPress Live Streaming Software page.