eCommerce providers like Paypal introduced more strict SSL requirements. Ex:
“requires OpenSSL >= 1.0.1 to be installed on your server”
PHP info shows:
SSL Version OpenSSL/1.0.0
tar -xvzf curl-7.52.1.tar.gz
./configure –enable-threaded-resolver –enable-http –enable-ftp –enable-proxy –enable-tftp –enable-ntlm –enable-static –with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl –enable-ipv6 –enable-shared –with-libidn
make && make install
- Configure PHP to use it -Create a new file /var/cpanel/easy/apache/rawopts/all_php5 with this contents:
- Rebuild Apache & PHP with EasyApache 3.
PHP info should now show:
cURL Information 7.52.1
SSL Version OpenSSL/1.0.1e
Setup paid membership and content subscription using tokens (purchased with real money or earned for site activity).
This plugin uses tokens from the myCred plugin. These tokens can be purchased using multiple payment gateways like Paypal, Skrill (Moneybookers) NETbilling, Zombaio, BitPay (bitcoin), several niche payment gateways or earned with site activities, depending on setup.
Download Plugin | Paid Membership Plugin in WordPress repository
- Setup unlimited membership levels (packages)
- New Role
- Shortcode that lists packages and allows users to buy membership
- List of users with special membership
- List of content (posts) that can be purchased with credits
- Install and activate plugin (preferably install latest version from WP repository)
- Setup membership packages from plugin settings – Membership Levels
- Go to Settings – Billing section and make sure mycred is installed, active and configured
- Use “videowhisper_membership_buy” shortcode to list packages in frontend to users
Benefits of using tokens
- less transaction fees (clients fund their account once for multiple purchases)
- cost control (clients can have added peace of mind and sensation of control for the fixed amount they pay),
- payment in advance (clients prepay for future services) ,
- increased sales (once the have the tokens they will put them to use faster than real money)
Recommended for use with these solutions that allow features/access by custom roles
Shows membership info and upgrade options for user.