Default WP setups use a virtual cron feature where maintenance and scheduled tasks occur when site scripts are triggered (when somebody visits site).
That works fine for active sites that have a fluent visitors stream. On projects where WP is not fluently visited these task don’t get triggered as expected.
Setup a real cron job from cPanel .
/usr/bin/wget -q -O – http://[yourwebsite.com]/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron >/dev/null 2>&1
Can be hourly or each 15, 30 minutes.
Optionally disable WP cron from wp-config.php :
Schedule an online status monitoring service to check your WP based site. When they check they will also trigger your WP scripts.
Ex. StatusCake.com or UptimeRobot.com
WP cron triggers various functionality:
- Checking for theme & plugin updates
- Publish scheduled posts
- Sending pingbacks
- Other actions scheduled by plugins like converting videos, cleaning files or database
Video Share VOD introduced Dynamic Business Video Hosting.
What’s special about this video hosting? You can setup and resize VOD (Video On Demand) hosting accounts as necessary, by ordering required number of units. You can order new units or cancel subscriptions as you wish from one month to another, to adjust resources to project requirements.
||VOD HOST UNIT
||1000 Gb / month
|| 0$ (free)
|| 20$ / month
Minimum account size is 1 unit and maximum 39 units, meaning you can quickly scale from 1Tb to 39Tb of bandwidth transfer per month or from 200Gb to 7.8Tb storage, and back, as necessary. For same website (account).
How does this compare in terms of resources and price to entry plans for other business video hosting providers?
- 1000Mbps: High Speed Networks streaming oriented infrastructure on 1000Mbps servers in high speed datacenter networks with multiple backbone connections totalling thousands of Gbps bandwidth capacity. 1000Mbps means 10 times more users can watch videos simultaneously than on regular 100Mbps servers, without performance and reliability issues. To evaluate latency and speed check live demos for video sharing.
- Managed: Video sites have specific requirements that demand specific server side configuration. For these plans, a server administrator is not required to setup and manage the server side configuration as this service is included. FFMPEG and conversion tools are installed, configured with necessary codecs and updates as needed.
- Video Share VOD: Turnkey solution, interface that can be deployed (installation included) for easy managedment of videos: upload & import videos, convert video for all delivery options, organize in playlists, run a VOD site, monetisation, embed code for videos and playlist (to publish on another site), ability to customise with WP themes and plugins.
- CPanel: CPanel is the most popular web hosting management control panel to manage http, mysql, email, ftp.
- Softaculous: Automated installer for 350+ site scripts.
- Secure: HTTPS: Plans come with AutoSSL, meaning a default SSL certificate is assigned to website. If you have your own certificate, the default one will only be used if yours expires.
Protection: Hosting servers include advanced firewall settings (CSF & LFD), ClamAV antivirus, ModSecurity, configured by our experienced administrators.
Compatibility: Hosting servers include latest CURL and Open SSL to meet eCommerce provider requirements (including Paypal).
- Cost Efficient: better value compared with other business video hosting providers.