The Video Posts Webcam Recorder plugin can record webcam video in sync with playback of a Youtube or Vimeo video.
How does this work?
- Video Recorder app shows and allows user to approve webcam access, select webcam and microphone as necessary, make sure position and lighting is fine.
- When webcam is approved a button shows under recorder to PLAY youtube video.
- When user clicks PLAY, recorder interface hides, Youtube video shows fullscreen and starts playing.
- User can pause video and recording is automatically paused.
- When video playback ends, recording also ends and is saved.
- Fullscreen is ended, a custom message can be displayed or user is redirected to home page.
This solution is great for video interviews, questionnaires, karaoke, recording live reaction.
Here’s a demo (registration is required to test on this site):
Exact shorcode used: videowhisper_recorder youtube_sync=”oifAEZJYKvI” category=”Test”
[videowhisper_recorder youtube_sync=”oifAEZJYKvI” category=”Test”]
Problem: When using Live Streaming solutions, live streams from some broadcasters have big frame loss, huge latency and sometimes don’t show at all.
Many home user internet connections are ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line), meaning they have low upload bitrate compared to download: In ADSL, Bandwidth and bitrate are said to be asymmetric, meaning greater toward the customer premises (downstream) than the reverse (upstream). Providers usually market ADSL as a service for consumers for Internet access for primarily downloading content from the Internet, but not serving content accessed by others.
This causes issues when trying to upload content like broadcasting live video. For live broadcasts, streaming bitrate is limited by broadcaster’s upload bitrate. Broadcasters with such connections will encounter severe issues (frame loss, long interruptions, big latency) if they try to live stream a stream with bitrate very close or greater than connection limit.
How to determine your connection type and limits (for adjusting streaming settings)? Measure Connection Speed
Do a speed test from broadcasting location to a location near streaming server (rtmp) using SpeedTest.net .
On new version use Change Server and search for a server in Montreal, in example.
In legacy version if latest does not work, drag and zoom to a server in North America and select it to test for our demos .
Check upload bitrate. Divide by 8 to obtain transfer rate in bytes/second as bitrate is often displayed in bits/second.
Then adjust streaming settings so video, sound and interactions fit in upload bitrate (leave 10-25% margins).
If your site targets users from certain areas, browse some stats and identify common upload bitrate to adjust default streaming settings.
– Recommended h264 Video Bitrate Based on Resolution
– VideoWhisper Web Application Client Requirements