The Video Posts Webcam Recorder plugin can record webcam video in sync with playback of a Youtube or Vimeo video.
How does this work?
- Video Recorder app shows and allows user to approve webcam access, select webcam and microphone as necessary, make sure position and lighting is fine.
- When webcam is approved a button shows under recorder to PLAY youtube video.
- When user clicks PLAY, recorder interface hides, Youtube video shows fullscreen and starts playing.
- User can pause video and recording is automatically paused.
- When video playback ends, recording also ends and is saved.
- Fullscreen is ended, a custom message can be displayed or user is redirected to home page.
This solution is great for video interviews, questionnaires, karaoke, recording live reaction.
Here’s a demo (registration is required to test on this site):
Exact shorcode used: videowhisper_recorder youtube_sync=”oifAEZJYKvI” category=”Test”
[videowhisper_recorder youtube_sync=”oifAEZJYKvI” category=”Test”]
In latest Broadcast Live Video solution, channel owners can schedule existing videos to play as live streaming channels. This can be used to simulate a live stream / broadcast from previously recorded videos.
This is based on Wowza Streaming Engine SMIL playlist functionality (requires Wowza Hosting). Plugin includes an editor to easily schedule videos from Video Share VOD in a playlist.
You can create an elaborate schedule with many playlists of videos scheduled to play on each channel:
- For on-demand stream sources, use either 0 or a positive number for thestart parameter. A positive number will start that number of seconds into the video.
- To play the source until the end, use -1 for the length parameter. Any positive value will play the source for that number of seconds.
- To loop through the schedule, set repeat to true. Setting repeat to falsewill shut down the stream after the playlist has finished. Later playlists aren’t loaded unless they start before the non-repeating playlist ends.
- Set the scheduled parameter to start the playlist at a specific time. If the begin time is in the past, each playlist is loaded in order and immediately replaces the previous playlist for the stream.